Direct selling, a unique method of distribution from which benefits all sides.
Benefits for the Consumers:
• Opportunity to try and test the products;
• Tailored made demonstration and consultation in a friendly environment;
• Personalised delivery at home;
• Right to withdraw the purchase within a given period (additional protection);
• Direct contact with the seller;
• Guarantee and after sales service;
• Flexible buying hours.
Benefits for the Direct sellers:
• Possibility to establish and to run own business at minimum cost/low risk;
• Convenient flexible earning opportunities;
• Flexibility to choose working hours;
• Spouses or family members can be partners in business (family business);
• Adjustable opportunities ranging from part-time to full-time activity;
• No formal qualifications required;
• Adequate training and support from companies;
• Large range of products available;
• Social contact and personal recognition.
Benefits for the Companies:
• The most effective method to enter new market with relatively low cost, especially providing unique products or services;
• Does not require high capital investment;
• Allows to avoid additional intermediaries in distribution, saved money can be invested elsewhere;
• No major previous business experience necessary;
• Requires no specially educated workers;
• Effective in gaining the initial interest and attention of prospective customer – personal touch;
• Particularly effective in the marketing of low-cost consumer goods or products insufficiently known: new products, technically complex products, etc;
• Unique competitive strategy:
- no need for substantial advertising;
- unique in using a socially-based, sales process to attract and retain new customers;
Benefits for the Economy and State:
• Creates earning opportunities (mainly part-time) and facilate economy;
• A channel of distribution away from large retail distribution unities;
• Creates micro-enterprises;
• Introduces self-employment;
• Develops entrepreneurship;
• Contribute to national economic welfare.
Benefits for the Society:
• Self-employment opportunities;
• No gender, age, ethnicity and disability discrimination;
• Offers alternatives to large outlets.